Since 2017 is finally here and wedding planning has officially begun, I have compiled a list of trends I love for the new season or some I personally think should be a trend in the 2017 season. Enjoy!
1. Color - This year is full of color and when I say color I mean, COLOR! Bold, dark, masculine colors and prints are all the rage. Copper and rose gold are definitely trending and can be just as glam in an elegant setting as in a rustic setting.
2. Mixing it up – One element I am truly loving for 2017 is mixing vintage and modern together. Couples who are looking for a timeless feel, but at the same time looking for contemporary elements, this is for you because décor is crucial. Using vintage with a modern flair is the perfect way to achieve that goal.
3. The Boys – The styling of the Groom and groomsman is growing leaps and bounds from the original classic black tux. In 2017 Grooms are going to go with rich colors and textures when it comes to color and fabric choices. I think you will also see grooms personalize their look when it comes to neckties, bowties, boutonnieres and pocket squares.
4. The Maids – If you are a fashion forward Bride you are going to love this one – The Bridesmaid Jumpsuit. Since I could live in a fashionable jumpsuit or romper, this is one of my favorites and I can’t wait to see this trend.
5. Brunch Weddings – Another favorite of mine since - I LOVE SOME BRUNCH! This also saves you money in the long run so who wouldn’t want to be super trendy and save money at the same time? In my opinion, brunch is arguably the most delicious of all of the meals.
6. Less is more – I definitely see this one as a 2017 favorite. Brides seem to be moving towards more props, geometric shapes and mix-matching centerpieces. Using soft romantic lighting around the room can add that little piece making it all come together.
7. Textures and Interesting Pieces – I have been a huge fan of this for a while now so you can only imagine how excited I am to know its finally becoming a trend. I think some of my 2017 Brides are going to be moving towards simple white tablecloths (generally supplied by the venue) and spending their money on textured, gauze or cotton napkins and adding a cool napkin ring in as a fun and trendy element at each place setting.
8. Food and Fun – Coming from a country club background I used to work very closely with the Executive Chef. A Chef and a client, who are not afraid to step out of the box will always be my favorite. Do you love a certain cuisine? Let’s do it! I’m a fanatic about presentation so the thought of hanging food or even a food wall makes my mouth water before I have even seen a menu. This is just another way to make your guests remember your wedding.